This year my annual workshop at Mount Madonna Center will focus on our yoga practice, including Active poses in the first session of the day, and Restorative poses in the afternoon session.
But our special focus will be on pranayama, the practice that uses the breath as a vehicle to carry us “toward our center” in a subtle and powerful way.
Both our Active and Restorative poses will therefore be selected specifically to open us to our breathing. While it is not well-known, in traditional yoga training pranayama practice was much more important than asana practice. We will approach the topic first from breathing awareness techniques that are suitable for all levels of students, and then move into traditional pranayama practice. Classic yoga teachings state that pranayama is the gateway to meditation.
In addition to the classical techniques of practice, we will explore ourselves through discussion, short writing assignments, and the cultivation of an introspective attitude.
This intensive is for you if:
- You regularly practice pranayama.
- You do not presently practice pranayama regularly but really want to.
- You are curious about the effects of the regular practice of pranayama.
- You want to understand better the relationship of the effects of asana on pranayama practice.
The suggestion is that you register early as this workshop is limited to 50 people and is expected to fill quickly.
TO REGISTER AND OBTAIN HOUSING FOR THIS RESIDENTIAL WORKSHOP YOU NEED TO DO TWO THINGS.
1. TO REGISTER FOR THE CLASSES, send a check for $799 dollars (in US Funds only) made out to:
Judith Hanson Lasater
156 Madrone Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94127
*BE SURE TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Your full name
- Your mailing address
- Your email address
- Your phone number
2. TO REGISTER FOR HOUSING AND MEALS AT MOUNT MADONNA CENTER DURING THE WORKSHOP, CONTACT MMC DIRECTLY:
Mount Madonna Center
445 Summit Road
(408) 864 4064